Monday, July 12, 2010

My new life

Today was my first day at work! The school is still under construction. So, we did paperwork and editing in the morning. It was great to do something familiar. In the afternoon we went to see Montessori materials. It was amazing to see a conference room laid out with the pink tower, binomial cube, red and blue rod and geometric solids that we could inspect before we ordered.

After work Kiri(Principal and Casa teacher) and I went for beers at the jungle bar next to my hotel. Where we had yummy food that I can't spell and beers. They place ice in the beer to keep it cold. Also the service is amazing. They plug in fans and light an anti-mosquito coils, just for us. Kiri started calling it jungle bar. It has no walls and a tin roof, with ponds, tropical plants and fountains all around. There are about a million of these jungle bar/restaurants lining the streets.

I've decided to stay at the hotel for a little longer, before jumping out on my own.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Miss you! Sleep well.

Anonymous said...

I miss you scooty!, have an extra beer in the jungle for the smitty!