Friday, July 23, 2010

Yummy, Coke in a bag

So sorry if you already heard this story. Thursday, July 22 we were looking for a store to buy dishes, for the school. It was very far away from the school and the driver kept getting lost. We decided to grab snacks, because we had been in the car for so long. The driver stops to ask directions and Kiri (the preschool teacher) jumps out of the car and buys 2 bags of potatoe chips, and SCORE they are even western flavored-not squid or fish, but bbq and sour cream and onion. Well, of course the chips make us thristy. And it is VERY hot and HUMID outside. The next time the driver stops and asks for directions, I hop out to buy drinks. We were in luck, a big old Coke Cola ice chiller is there. And they have the tall cokes in the glass bottles, the kind you can't find very often in the States. The bottles are so cold they stick to the bottom of the cooler with the ice cryatals. They feel so icy cold. I grab a bottle of coke for me and a bottle of Sprite for Kiri. I take them up to buy and the lady asked "for take away?" I said "yes, please." She grabs 2 bags. She pops open the bottle of coke and pours it into a plastic bag puts a straw in the bag and hands it to me, she does the same with the Sprite. And I walk off with 2 bags of ice cold beverages. You only get the bottle if stay at the stand to drink.

No comments: